CAN DO ®
Imagine a program dedicated exclusively to helping you live your best life with MS. A personal and powerful multiple sclerosis program that addresses your unique physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs and provides you with the knowledge, skills, support and confidence to transform challenges into possibilities.
Our world-renowned CAN DO Program offers the industry’s most comprehensive view of MS, taking you on a profound exploration of your unique condition and empowering you with a whole person, whole health, and whole community approach to living fully with MS. Spouses, family members or friends are encouraged and even expected to attend the CAN DO Program. Special sessions are devoted to this group to explore their needs, goals, concerns and challenges.
2018 Program Dates and Locations
March 7 - 10, 2018
Application is now closed
1. Complete the online application form by 12pm ET on Wednesday, November 8, 2017. We will notify you in mid-December regarding the status of your application.
2. Download the Physician Consent Form here, and give to either your primary care physician or neurologist to sign.
3. If accepted, you will have three weeks to return the physician consent form to complete your application. If your form is NOT received by the due date, your spot will be forfeited.
Explore. Discover. Realize. Live.
Using an interdisciplinary team of nationally recognized professionals, this intensive four-day program goes well beyond traditional health and wellness programs by providing comprehensive assessments and education about MS – its effects, treatment options and lifestyle adaptation strategies. Through seminars, interactive workshops, support groups and goal setting, participants develop a personalized lifestyle plan, learning how to address lifestyle areas unique to them, including nutrition, exercise, rehabilitation, mobility, bladder/sexual function, psychological support, and ways to seek out and acquire needed resources. With a staff to participant ratio of 2:1, participants receive an unsurpassed level of personal attention and are able to speak with medical professionals in an intimate, unhurried environment that is rare in health care today.
Including Support Partners in the Journey
Spouses, family members or friends are encouraged and even expected to attend the CAN DO Program. Special sessions are devoted to this group to explore their needs, goals, concerns and challenges.
No Charge To You
We believe in providing the best programs possible at no charge to you. Please note: If you are accepted into the program, you will be asked to pay a minimal one-time registration fee. You will also be responsible for any travel costs getting to and from the four-day CAN DO Program venue location.
Here’s what is included free of charge:
- Program materials and handouts for one participant and one support partner.
- Three meals a day starting with breakfast on the first morning of the program and ending with the celebration dinner ceremony on the last night of the program.
- Participation in lectures and workshops.
- Assessments and individual consultations for participants.
- Separate facilitated group discussions for support partners and participants with a psychologist experienced in MS.
- Lodging for 5 nights for the CAN DO Participant and support partner (assumes double occupancy).
These programs are possible thanks to the generous support of the following sponsors:
Aegon Transamerica Foundation